Don't worry we got you.
Sun is out, and so are the bottles of wine.
What a glorious bank holiday weekend we’ve had. Have you been soaking up the sun and indulging in a few too many glasses of wine?
Did you know Nearly 3 in 10 Brits (27%) drink more alcohol when the weather gets warmer?
I rarely drink but nothing quite beats a chilled rose in the sunshine. I get a hangover after half a glass and have a terrible night’s sleep.
Here is why alcohol can make us feel bad and how you can use your Phyto’s to support you.
- Dehydration: Alcohol is a diuretic, which means it increases urine production and leads to fluid loss from the body. This can result in dehydration, causing symptoms like dry mouth, thirst, fatigue, and dizziness.
Drink your Phyto’s with water and rehydrate.
- Electrolyte imbalance: Alcohol interferes with the body's ability to regulate electrolyte levels, such as sodium, potassium, and magnesium,
Take your I AM RESTED to replenish magnesium.
- Gastrointestinal irritation: Alcohol irritates the lining of the stomach and intestines, leading to inflammation and increased production of stomach acid. This can cause symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, and indigestion.
I AM RESILIENT has fermented Turmeric. The fermentation is a form of pre-digestion that makes food easier to digest.
- Blood sugar fluctuations: Alcohol can disrupt the body's regulation of blood sugar levels, leading to both high and low blood sugar. This can result in symptoms like weakness, shakiness, dizziness, and difficulty concentrating.
Both Resilient and Rested have natural sugars from the mango and guava to increase your blood sugar levels.
- Sleep disturbances: Although alcohol can initially make you feel drowsy and help you fall asleep; it often disrupts the quality of your sleep. It can suppress REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, leading to less restorative sleep overall. This can contribute to feelings of fatigue, irritability, and difficulty concentrating during a hangover.
I AM RESTED improves sleep quality. Magnesium, L’theanine, passionflower and reishi all improve sleep quality.
- Inflammation and immune system activation: Alcohol consumption triggers an immune response, causing inflammation in the body. This immune response, along with the by-products of alcohol metabolism, can contribute to symptoms such as headache, muscle aches, and general malaise.
The fermented Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and will reduce inflammation.
- Changes in brain chemistry: Alcohol affects various neurotransmitters in the brain, such as gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and glutamate, which play a role in regulating mood, cognition, and sleep. When alcohol is metabolized and eliminated from the body, these neurotransmitter imbalances can contribute to symptoms like anxiety, depression, and difficulty concentrating.
L-theanine, Magnesium and passionflower increase GABA, increasing sleep quality and reduces anxiety, depression and difficulty sleeping. All three ingredients are found in I AM RESTED.
You can buy the I AM RESTED AND RESILIENT in the traveller Duo kit.